Carrots For Weight Loss
Carrots are low in calories and low in carbohydrates that may help assist healthy weight loss according to many experts. Carrots are also a rich source of fibre, which helps ease digestion. In addition to that, fibres also take a while to digest. Since they are there in your system for so long, you feel pretty full and refrain from tucking into anything fried or fattening.
1. Soup: Puree fresh carrots and blend them in warm and hearty soups. Carrot soups tempered with some herbs may help soothe an upset stomach and make for a nice supper idea. Soups fill you up, and since the water content in soup is so high, you need not worry about calories too.
2. Smoothies: Thick and slushy smoothies may also speed up your weight loss efforts this season. Blend some carrots, apples and beetroot together until smooth.
3. Salads: Carrots are an excellent salad ingredient. They are crunchy, mildly sweet. You can shred it or slice it in thin sticks, it's your call.
4. Carrot sticks and hummus: Carrot sticks and hummus is another low-carb snack idea you can consider. It is super yummy, efficient and easy to make too!
5. Use the carrot tops: Do not toss away the greens on top of your carrots. According to the book 'Healing Foods' by DK Publishing, they are rich in protein, minerals and vitamins. You can use them to brew yourself hot tea.