Proper oral hygiene is the only way to a beautiful smile. But don’t neglect certain food items that can cause teeth stains. Gunita Singh, cosmetic and laser dental surgeon at Dentem, The Dental and Orthodontic Clinic, and Tanvir Singh, orthodontist, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, have shared a list of food items that can change the colour of teeth for worse:
* Coffee: It might be helping you to stay up, but the acid polyphenol in it is staining your teeth.
* Tea: Tea stains are worse than coffee stains. All types of tea — black, green or white tea, stain the teeth.
* Wine: White wine has an acid content that tends to increase the risk of dark dental stains.
* Beverages: They are refreshing, but the acidic nature of fizzy drinks erodes your enamel.
* Curry: Again, amazing for tastebuds, but bad for teeth.
* Balsamic vinegar: It is used for salads, but it also has a negative aspect. Its dark natural colour sticks to the teeth.
* Berries: The antioxidant property gets a thumbs up. The same can’t be said about its dark hue that affect teeth.