TV reports suggest Congress is likely to join hands with JD(S)+ in a post-poll alliance, with Kumaraswamy as the chief ministerial candidate.
* JD(S) has dominated the constituencies that are most impacted by the Cauvery dispute, with leads+wins adding to 28.
* BJP's R Ashoka has won from Padmanaba Nagar constituency.
* BJP's chief minister candidate BS Yeddyurappa has won from his constituency Shikaripura.
* Trends at 2.10pm show Congress leads + wins at 73, BJP leads + wins at 106, and JD(S)+ leads+ wins at 41.
* BJP's Nagendra secures 51,683 votes in Chamraja constituency, defeats Vasu (who secured 36,743 votes) of Congress by a margin of 14,940 votes.
* Hassan district has been put under tight security following following fear of post result violence.
Trends at 1.30pm show Congress leading on 73 seats, BJP on 107 seats, and JD(S)+ on 40 seats.
* Both central and coastal Karnataka have shown to favour BJP, with the party leading on 18 seats in coastal areas, and 24 seats in central parts of the state.
* Congress, on the other hand, is leading on three seats in coastal Karnataka, and 11 seats in central areas.
* Till now, BJP has won in seven constituencies:
- Saundatti Yellamma
- Shimoga rural
Congress candidate from Mangaluru, UT Abdul Khader, has won.
* JD(S) heavyweight Sharada Puryanaik loses his Shimoga Rural seat to BJP's KB Ashok Naik.
###Finally results yet to be announced.